Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Well Hello everyone
I have finially found a computer and one that is hooked up to the internet.
We had a great trip on the plane although it was very long and I was very tired when we arrived, I had a cuppa and then went to bed and slept for 23 hours straight. Poor Vera had to sit and watch me snore lol. Yesterday we went out with a guide and driver to see the sights of Delhi. I have to say that I could never have driven here, the cars go fast and there are no road rulse that I can see. Our driver said that there are only 4 things you need to drive in Delhi 1 good eyes 2 good horn 3 good breaks and 4 good luck and he is so right, I often have my eyes closed as we just miss hitting another car. Anyway we have seen some amazing things, a building that looks like a lotus flower and a fort that is red. We have been in a mosic and several temples and had a good look at an iron pole that is hundreds of years old but does not rust. My feet have been in and out of my shoes as lots of places wont let you wear your shoes and I have to put on another cover dress to go into one fort. Today we went to the Logi Gardens (Bit like the Queens gardens only not a nice) and saw more temples and a bonsi garden which Vera was interested in. We also went for a ride in a tuktuk (funny little moterbike with a seat on the back for Vera and I to sit on), that was fun and scary at the same time and the driver want to take us to shop to buy things at "At a good price" . lol Everything here is very dusty and looks like it need a good wash, the sky is gray with smoke and the smell is interesting sometimes even horrid. But we are having an amazing adventure.
Tomorrow we head of to Agra and I am really looking forward to that, its a 5 hour drive and we have to leave here at 8am. I hope you are all well I miss you all at Greenwood Kindergarten and wonder what you are all up too. Love to you my family and I will write again soon

No comments:

Post a Comment