We are in a place called Jaisilmar and staying in a hotel which sits under the biggest fort I have seen so far. This city is called the golden city as everything is made of yellow stone and the houses have amazing carvings all over them. Just outside our hotel is a market and as Vera and I walked through the traders called out to us to go and see what they had to buy, one man came and asked what country we where from and when I told him New Zealand he said ohohoh you lost the test. well that put me off him right away, he made no sale lol. Vera and I are both very sad to hear about the very sad news from Pike River and our thoughs are with the families at this sad time.
We went for a camel ride this morning, it was really cold and trying to rain but Vera and I climbed up on this big camel while it was sitting down and the was hard enough, me on the front and Vera hanging on on the back, well now for a camel to stand up it goes back first and the front gones down, I thought Vera was going to go flying over the top of me and I felt like I was going to go sliding down the camel's neck between his ears and off the end of his nose but then the front end came up too and there we were sitting way up on a camel, I have to say I have a lot of respect forLawance of Arabia now, what a ride I have to say I was glad to get off. I need to say that that was not so easy as to get down the camel goes front first, so there I was looking at sliding off down his neck with Vera coming behind, thank goodness the back end went down and we were really happy to get our feet on solid ground again. The good news is we have another ride on a camel tomorrow. Letr you know how it goes, lol. Its time for dinner so I had better go and find Vera, will try to write again tomorrow that is if I servive the camel ride
No comments:
Post a Comment